Friday, May 25, 2007

FREE! McDonald's Sausage McMuffin

No joke! It's really true! But you need a coupon to redeem your FREE! burger.

Luckily, I had one handy.

Still, my breakfast of choice and champions is cereal. Sultana Bran, to be precise. And "Sausage" in the McDonald Dictionary would mean a mixture of chicken parts and cow innards.

It took me awhile for my better kiasu half to take over. 5 minutes, to be exact. Because hey, it's FREE! so it'll taste good anyway.

This morning at 8.15am, I went to the SS2 McDonald's for my FREE! breakfast. Only one counter was open. And in front of the counter was a long line of aunties. I kid you not. Aunties whom, on any other given day would rather endure Good Charlotte bursting their eardrums than eat fast food, were all in their taichi garb and lining up for a FREE! Sausage McMuffin. And yes, they all had coupons.

I took my place behind them. And soon enough, reached the counter.

"Good-morning-welcome-to-McDonald's-how-may-I-help-you?"

"One Sausage McMuffin. Here's my coupon."

"Would-you-like-coffee-with-that?"

"No. Just the McMuffin, thanks."


My FREE! burger. Sorry for the blur pictures, my hand was shaking from the
anticipation of sinking my teeth into FREE! food.


I even scored a FREE! packet of Tomato Ketchup with the free burger. How's that for a double kiasu whammy?

Promo Period:
  • Between 7.45am - 8.45am, only on 23 - 25 May and 28 - 30 May 2007

The Good:
  • FREE! Sausage McMuffin. Enough said.
The Bad:
  • The McMuffin was quite dry and tasteless. Luckily, I had the FREE! Tomato Ketchup to add some flavour.
  • There is no mention that you need to bring a coupon to redeem your FREE! McMuffin. So be warned - BRING A COUPON! (Coupons are available from the Pyjama Troopers - they are reported to be lurking at the entrance of most McDonald restaurants.)
Kiasu Rating:
  • 8/10

2 comments:

Fruit of Eden said...

why got FREE didn't tell me... I also want FREE stuff you know!

Wandernut said...

You still can Jess!
Promo until 30 May ma!
But only on weekdays :D
Hee.